Our Adios, peach fuzz handle uses ultra-sharp Japanese and 100% sustainable blades that are easy on your pocket. By choosing ROUT you are helping out to cut the plastic waste made by your regular eyebrow razors.
Who can use it?
Most people are great dermaplaning candidates. If you have sensitive skin, acne, active eczema, or other rashes, this treatment might not be the best for you.
What are the benefits?
1. Removing the “fuzzy hairs” on your face will help your skin instantly look smoother and brighter.
2. If you wear makeup, you will find that your makeup will go on smoothly, you won’t see blotches or uneven patches of skin.
3. Increases the effectiveness of skin treatments.
4. Shaving your face minimizes the appearance of pores. When there is an excess build-up of dirt and oil along with the hair, the pores become bigger.
Will I grow a beard?
Shaving your face doesn’t make hair grow back faster or thicker! Hair will grow back, but it will just look like it did before. Only hormonal changes can alter the texture and darkness of your hair.
How often can I use it?
There’s no need to get shave-happy—you only need to dermaplane about twice a month.
How often do I change the blade?
Just like our toothbrushes, you’ll need to swap it regularly. Depending on how much you use it, you might need to replace it on a monthly basis or after 3 uses.
Do's and Don'ts
1.- Don’t do it on any open wounds or active acne. Sliding a sharp blade over zits can irritate and worsen existing breakouts.
2. ALWAYS listen to your skin! Like with any exfoliating product ( both chemical & physical), can weaken your skin barrier.
3. If you want to make your blades last longer, always make sure they are dry before putting the cap on.
4. We don't recommend storing your razor in the shower, unless there is a spot it can dry out between shaves.
🍑 🪒 How to shave your face
We recommend checking out this video first and then practice on your forearm. If you’ve done it before, jump right in!
1. Make sure your face is squeaky clean using your favorite face wash
2. Pat your skin until dry and wait 2 minutes.
** Please note*** Some people prefer using a light amount of oil, such as Jojoba to help prevent over-drying and sensitizing your face, while others prefer doing it on dry skin. Experiment and see what feels better for you and your skin type.
1. Pull the skin taught and always move downwards in short strokes with the razor always at a 45-degree angle against the skin. Make sure you’re using very little pressure.
2. Starting at the top of the ear, using small strokes, move downwards to the jawline and towards the nose to get the whole cheek, jawline, chin, and upper lip.
3. Move to the sides of the face by the eyes, followed by the forehead. Avoid the hairline, eyelids, and sides of the nose.
Lastly, stroke the neck downwards from the jawline.
1. Follow up with your favorite hydrating serum. If you are doing the treatment in the morning, make sure you also apply SPF 30 or higher, you want your fresh skin glowing not scorched.
2. Clean both your blade & your handle by wiping them with rubbing alcohol. Put the cap on once everything has dried to keep dirt and bacteria at bay.
🔃 Replacing your blade
Replacing your blade is easy, just follow these 3 simple steps
1. Make sure your handle it’s already cleaned with rubbing alcohol & dry.
2. On the upper part of the handle, you will see a small metal hook. Carefully, with clean hands, pull up on the hook making sure you grab it with your index finger and your thumb. Pull it until the blade is out.
3. Grab a new blade from the box and slide it back in, ensuring the hook on the blade is lined up to fit into the top of the handle.
♻️ Recycling your blade
1. First, see if you have a container in your home that could double as a blade bank. Any tin should work, but if you don’t have one you can cut a hole in the top of a metal can ( you could also reuse one of our blade refills boxes, just saying ;)
Then, place used blades in your blade bank. Remember to clean them before you put them in.
2. Once your blade bank is full, you can secure them by covering your blade bank’s hole before sending them to recycle.
3. Many cities across the United States operate collection programs to make it easy to recycle. If your city doesn’t offer collection programs, you can check out TerraCycle’s free recycling programs dedicated to helping you recycle razor blades and other beauty products products & packaging.
4. If you are unable to find a place to recycle your blades. You are more than welcome to send us your sealed blade bank (preferably in the blade refills box) and we're happy to dispose them for you. Email us at email@example.com.